Free Mental Health Screening Resources
NAMI Suicide Hotline: Dial 988
The 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline provides 24/7 confidential support to people in mental health related distress. Trained crisis counselors will make a local connection for the next step to receive care. Take time to add 988 to your mobile phone and share this resource.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Venice, Inc. is offering free mental health counseling services for adults, children and families. Counselors can help resolve a variety of issues. Visit the website at www.catholiccharitiesdov.org or call Joan at (941)-355-4680 ext. 311
Why download the MyParish App?
Download our app today at myparishapp.com or search your phone’s app store for myparish. You can also text the word “APP” to 88202!
PLEASE NOTE: When you are using your phone at Church, you must use your own cell service.
SOME BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Readings: Daily Mass readings provided by the USCCB from the NAB(re) version of the bible.
Worship: Temporarily replaces the hymnals.
Giving: Easily access your parish’s online giving. https://osvhub.com/st-johnxxiii-parish/funds
Instructions to Install:
- On your smart phone or tablet, go to your App Store and search on MyParish App.
- Select the download button (cloud with down arrow).
- Once downloaded, select Open,
- Select Allow for Notifications.
- You can go through the Intro to see the features or Skip Intro for now.
- Select Next. You can allow the App to use your location this one time only and touch on St. John XXIII on 13060 Palomino.
- Select Get Started at the bottom of the screen. You can Swipe Up or click on Okay to reveal more app features on the screen.
- Catholic Daily Reflections: https://catholic-daily-reflections.com/
- Gospel reflections from Notre Dame: http://faith.nd.edu/s/1210/faith/pray.aspx?sid=1210&gid=609&pgid=10745
- Daily reflections from The Grotto: https://thegrotto.org/daily-spiritual-reflections/
St. Martin de Porres
St. Martin de Porres Outreach is always in need of volunteers to assist in helping to serve the less fortunate. Now with so many people back up north for the summer and the virus limiting people, we can use your help. If you want to help, we can use the following individuals
- Cook dinner (done Monday through Friday)
- Serve dinner (done Monday through Friday)
- Help with a food pantry on Fridays
- Pick up donated food from Harry Chapin, Publix, Midwest, Ada’s
- Help maintain the building
- Help children do homework or learn English (when school is in session)
If you are interested in helping, please contact the office (239-693-4711) or visit our website www.smdpoutreach.org.
If you can make a difference in someone’s life, it all starts with just one helping hand.
They offer food, financial assistance, and telehealth mental health counseling. If assistance is needed, they may call the number based on their county below:
Lee County: 844-385-2423
Collier County: 844-385-2404
1. Food distribution will take place ONLY at the pantry locations listed below. Clients will receive a pre-packaged bag or box of food items for their families.
- Bethesda House – 1670 4th Street, Sarasota, FL
- EKG Pantry – 4235 Michigan Avenue Link, Fort Myers, FL
- Bonita Springs – 28360 Beaumont Road, Bonita Springs, FL
- Judy Sullivan Center – 3174 Tamiami Trail East, Naples, FL
- Guadalupe Social Services – 211 South 9th Street, Immokalee, FL
2. Financial Assistance – Catholic Charities provide financial assistance for those in need. Financial assistance may include utility payments, prescription medication, or other critical needs.
3. Tele-Mental Health Counseling – will be available for existing clients on a limited basis using phone or video-conferencing. (Matthew Glass contact: 239-789-0363)
Harry Chapin of SWFL
*Click on Coronavirus-19 Update on Home Page
They will have links for the following:
- Food Locator
- Mobile Pantry Location
- April Donation Month: www.donatelife.net
- LIVE-Streamed Mass: 8am Monday-Friday Daily Mass https://www.facebook.com/St-John-XXIII-Catholic-Church-314726987796/
- Mass at Home: https://dioceseofvenice.org/offices/offices-departments/communications/tvmass/
- Sunday Mass: WFTX-TV FOX 4 – Sundays at 10:30am
- St. John XXIII Parish App: visit myparishapp.com or search your phone’s app store for myparish. You can also text the word “APP” to 88202
- NAMI HelpLine Monday – Friday 10:00am to 6:00pm (800) 950-6264
- Suicide Prevention: suicidepreventionlifeline.org (800) 273-8255
Search for and select Saint John XXIII to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Our parish will be listed as Saint John XXIII Parish in Fort Myers, FL. Contact Jennifer Baumgardner for more information at: email@example.com
FREE Rosary Repair
Send broken rosaries in a padded envelope to: Betty & Dick Holden, 7930 Estero Blvd., #502, Ft. Myers Beach, FL 33931. Rosaries will be returned within a week of receipt. Old or broken rosaries may also be donated, repaired and sent to the missions. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay current with what is happening in the Catholic Church: Whispers in the Loggia (whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com), Catholic News Service (www.catholicnews.com), CRUX (cruxnow.com), Bishop Barron (www.wordonfire.org), Fr. Richard Rohr (cac.org/category/daily-meditations)