Cookies with Santa Photo Recap
Cookies with Santa was a huge success thanks to our great volunteers!!!
Special thanks to Lois Becker and her Hospitality Team, to the parishioners who supplied all the delicious cookies, Tony Gravatte for capturing those special moments, Meghan and Aaron and the youth for decorating and assisting that day and Al Natella. Photos are now available for pick up in the narthex.
Wishing you and your family Peace & Joy this Christmas.
Father Bob & The Pastoral Team
Christmas Eve: Thursday, December 24
No 8:00 AM Mass
4:00 PM Mass (Children’s Pageant)
6:30 PM Mass
9:00 PM Mass – Choir begins at 8:20PM
11:00 PM- Vietnamese Mass
Christmas Day: Friday, December 25
Christmas Day Masses
7:15 AM, 9:15 AM and 11:15 AM
Thursday, December 31
8:00 AM Weekday Mass
6:00 PM Vigil for Holy Day
Friday, January 1, 2016
Feast of Mary Mother of God ~ Holy Day
8:00 AM & 12:00 PM Mass
5:00 PM- Vietnamese Mass
Beginning January 2, 2016 we will resume Saturday Vigil Masses at 3:30 PM & 5:30 PM
- Have you listened to our NEW podcasts? Listen to inspirational messages from Father Bob and homilies from Mass. Visit our site weekly at johnxxiii.podbean.com
- ‘Like’ our Facebook page! For all the latest happenings and inspirational messages ‘Like’ us on Facebook. Search ‘St. John XXIII Catholic Church’.
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter! Visit our website, Johnxxiii.net, scroll down to “Stay Connected” and enter your email address.
- We have Oplatek, or Christmas Bread, available in the Narthex and Parish Office for $2 per pack. Family members and friends break off a small piece of the oplatek wafer and give it to one another along with a blessing. Breaking off and exchanging part of oplatek with someone is a symbol of forgiveness between two people and is meant to remind participants of the importance of Christmas, God and family.
- SAVE THE DATE for the Women’s Guild of St. John XXIII 10th Annual Fashion Show and Luncheon, Saturday, March 19, 2016 at the Lexington Country Club. Start your year off right with reservations in January for this fun filled “Love is in the Air” day. Entertainment, Auctions, Fashions and Luncheon! To become an Angel Patron please contact Arlene Carlo @ 239-292-4882.
- If you are hospitalized at Gulf Coast Hospital and would like to be visited by one of our Eucharistic Ministers, please let the Hospital Admissions Office know you are from our parish and contact our parish office, as well. Once you go home, if you are unable to attend Mass and would like to have the Eucharist brought to you, please call the parish office. 239-561-2245.
- FABRIC and YARN needed! Craftie Ladies appreciate all your generous donations in the past, and now are in need of more fabric and yarn to make projects for next year. You may drop off the donations in the church Narthex. Thank you so much in helping us do for others.
- If you’ve never been baptized or you were baptized Catholic, but never received your First Eucharist, come participate in Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA). RCIA is a process decreed by the Catholic Church to bring non-Catholic adults into the Church. It also initiates baptized Catholics, who have not completed their Sacraments, into full communion with our Church community. We welcome those who are not baptized, those baptized in another Christian tradition and Catholics who have not yet received Holy Eucharist. The Rite begins with Inquiry Sessions Wednesday evening in the Parish Office. All are welcome who want to know about our Catholic faith. For more information, please contact Barbara Catineau at 275-6454 or the Parish Office.
- St. John XXIII Children’s Choir now forming! Open to boys and girls from ages 8 to 12 years old.Rehearsals are held after 11:15 Mass on Sundays. For those interested, please contact Beth Herrera at email@example.com or Joana Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jamaica Outreach will be going on a Mission Trip March 9-15th with Bishop McPherson. They will conduct eye exams. For more information please contact Sally & Richard VanBuskirk at email@example.com.
- Beef O’Bonus! Our promotion with Beef O’Brady’s Fiddlesticks is back! Tell your server, you are from St. John XXIII and they will give 10% of your check back to the parish! Thanks, Beef O’s!