A program designed to excite the Catholic Faith of our youth during their Middle and High School years.
MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUTH GROUP
The goal of the middle school program is to provide a place for youths to identify their place in the church, grow in their faith, and together in fellowship. We meet on Wednesday evenings at 6pm. This ministry is intended to help youths and families become more actively involved in the parish life.
- Sept. 11- Kick off Celebration (Parent meeting, dinner, & family game)
- Sept. 18- Being Part of Something Bigger Than You, The Church!
- Sept. 25- Outside Field Games
- Oct. 2- Music Ministry
- Oct. 9- Core Beliefs of our Catholic Faith
- Oct. 16- Put Ups Put Downs, Affirming Each Other’s Goodness
- Oct 23- Responding to Friends Who Are Struggling Teen Suicide
- Oct. 30- From Jack O’Lanterns To Faith Filled Heroes
- Nov. 6- Beatitude Attitude, Be Happy (Youth Missions)
- Nov. 13- Jesus The Founder Of The Catholic Church
- Nov. 20- Fire, Faith & Fun
- Dec. 4- Advent, Putting Our Hopes into Action
- Dec. 11- Christmas Party
- Jan. 8- Celebrating Mary and Her Gift of The Rosary
- Jan. 15- Virtue, Making One Good Choice After Another
- Jan. 22- March For Life! A Faithful Young Citizen’s Response
- Jan. 29- Capture the Flag (glow in the Dark)
- Feb. 5-Digital Discipleship, Using Social Media Responsibly
- Feb. 7- Overnight Retreat
- Feb. 8- Saturday Day of Service
- Feb. 12- The 5 Love Languages for Teens
- Feb. 19- Outdoor Confessions and Bonfire to Begin Lent
- March 4- Gifts of the Holy Spirit, Confirmation Prep
- March 11- The Two Great Commandments
- March 25- Kid’s Choice
- April 1- The Paschal Triduum, What’s That?
- April 15- Fostering Faith-Full Friendships
- April 22- Stand Up, How To Talk About Faith With Friends
- April 29- St John XXIII Scavenger Hunt
- May 13- End of The Year Celebration
Event Calendar 2018-2019
- Sept. 11 Parent Meeting
- Sept 29 Pam Stenzel Live after 4pm Youth Mass
- Oct 26 Trunk or Treat
- Nov 9 Mission Dinner, Dance, Auction
- Nov 22 Family Advent Night
- Dec 8 Breakfast with Santa
- Feb 7 Overnight Lock in
- Feb 8 Saturday Day of Service
- April 4 Easter Egg Hunt
- June Mission Trip (registration closes March 31)
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH GROUP
We invite all High School students to our Youth Group nights, we discuss issues and topics that are relevant to life experiences as we open our eyes to the issues teens face today. We have a relaxed, informal venue of faith formation, sacraments and Bible Study. Our events include: summer mission trips, concerts, Diocese events, Youth Masses and rallies!
ROOTED AT ST. JOHN XXIII
A social group for ages 18-39. Married, single, women, men, parishioners, non-parishioners… anyone seeking to journey toward, and with God, along with others. The group meets on the first Thursday of each month from 7-9pm. Sessions vary from social get together, praise and worship, bon-fires, and social justice.
Stay connected on our Facebook Group to see what is coming up and what’s being planned. This is a time of friendship as we encounter our loving, merciful Father, in His Son Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit.