A program designed to excite the Catholic Faith of our youth during their Middle and High School years.
MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUTH GROUP
The goal of the middle school program is to provide a place for youths to identify their place in the church, grow in their faith, and together in fellowship. We meet on Wednesday evenings at 6pm. This ministry is intended to help youths and families become more actively involved in the parish life.
Due to Covid 19, the middle school youth program will meet online through the zoom application on Wednesday evenings from 6pm to 7:15. There is no need to register and pay a fee at this time, but if your family would like the weekly links please email Kelly@johnxxiii.net
Zoom Session Dates & Topics
- August 26 – Parent Informational meeting
- September 2 – Why Catholic?
- September 9 – Respect our First Responders. Remembering 9/11
- September 16 – True Friendship
- September 23 – 7 Gifts of Love, the Sacraments
- September 30 – Put Ups, and Put Downs…words can hurt or they can inspire
- October 7 – The Power of Prayer
- October 14 – The Founder of the Catholic Church, Jesus
- October 21 – We are all Brothers & Sisters in Christ, a look into Racism
- October 28 – All Hallows Eve, Celebrate our Saints
- November 4 – How can I be an evangelist I am only in middle school?
- November 11 – World Religion, a talk about different faiths.
- November 18 – Attitude of Gratitude
- December 2 – Advent, putting Our hopes into action.
- December 9 – A Celebration of Baby Jesus
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH GROUP SOCIAL SESSIONS
We invite all High School students to our Social Sessions on Sunday evenings from 5pm to 6:30, where we will discuss issues and topics that are relevant to life experiences as we open our eyes to the issue’s teens face today. Each session will include; social time, topic presentation, small group discussions and adoration as we reflect on Bible passages complimenting the session topic. Due to Covid 19 safety guidelines, 2020 – 21 sessions maybe be converted to online Zoom Sessions. Please email Kelly@johnxxiii.net for links.
Zoom Session Dates & Topics
- Sept. 13- We Are the Church
- Sept. 20- True Friendship
- Oct. 4- Put Ups & Put Downs
- Oct. 18- All Hallows Eve Bonfire
- Nov. 1- 2 Great Commandments
- Nov. 15- Attitude of Gratitude
- Dec. 6- Season of Giving
- Jan. 10- Goal Setting
- Jan. 17- Making Good Choices
- Jan. 24- March for Life
- Feb. 7- Is Your Faith Color Blind?
- Feb. 21- High Tech Addictions
- March 7- Sacrifice
- March 21- The Paschal Mystery
- April 18- Drama Free relationships
- May 2- Mary’s Intercessions
- May 9- Stand Up for Your Beliefs
- May 16- Scavenger Hunt
ROOTED AT ST. JOHN XXIII
A social group for ages 18-39. Married, single, women, men, parishioners, non-parishioners… anyone seeking to journey toward, and with God, along with others. The group meets on the first Thursday of each month from 7-9pm. Sessions vary from social get together, praise and worship, bon-fires, and social justice.
Stay connected on our Facebook Group to see what’s being planned or pick up a trifold from the welcome desk in the Narthex.
This is a time of friendship as we encounter our loving, merciful Father, in His Son Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit.