A program designed to excite the Catholic Faith of our youth during their Middle and High School years.
MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUTH GROUP
The goal of the middle school program is to provide a place for youths to identify their place in the church, grow in their faith, and together in fellowship. We meet on Wednesday evenings at 6pm. This ministry is intended to help youths and families become more actively involved in the parish life.
- Sept 26 –Kick off Celebration (Parents invited, dinner, program & Not so newlywed family game)
- Oct. 3- Cheers! The Importance of Belonging
- Oct. 10- Fostering Faith-Full Friendships
- Oct. 17- Right to the Core
- Oct. 24- From Jack O’Lanterns to faith filled Heroes
- Nov. 7- Catholic Mass, How the Bible influences it
- Nov. 14- Solidarity, we are one Body in Christ (missions)
- Nov. 28- Attitude of Gratitude Faith Festival
- Dec. 5- Advent, Whom and what are we celebrating
- Dec. 12- Christmas Party
- Jan. 9- Virtue: Making One Good Choice After Another
- Jan. 16- Is there an app for that?
- Jan 23- A Creed to live by
- Jan. 30- Fire, Faith, & Fun
- Feb 13- Spread the Love, an insight to parish Ministries
- Feb. 20- speaker in North Ft Myers/ Cape Coral Chris Stefanik
- Feb. 27- Outdoor Confessions and Bonfire
- March 6- Mardi Gras, celebrating Fantasy, Friendship & Faith
- March 13- Making more, making a difference this Lent
- March 27- Stand up, How to talk about faith with your friends
- April 3- Promises Made at Baptism, Renewed at Confirmation: This is What I Believe!
- April 10- Catholic History 101
- May 1- St John XXIII Scavenger Hunt
- May 15- End of the Year Celebration
Events Calendar 2018-2019
- Sept 29 NAMI Walks 5k (Centennial Park, Ft Myers)
- Oct 27 Trunk or Treat
- Nov 3 Diocese of Venice Youth Rally
- December – STREAM
- Dec 7 Babysitting Bonanza
- Dec 9 Breakfast with Santa
- Jan 27 Altar Server Party
- Feb 8 Overnight Lock in
- Feb 9 Saturday Day of Service
- Feb 20 Chris Stefanik Live “Reboot”
- April 12 Simple Supper- Stations of the Cross
- April 13 Easter Egg Hunt
- June Mission Trip
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH GROUP
We invite all High School students to our Youth Group nights, we discuss issues and topics that are relevant to life experiences as we open our eyes to the issues teens face today. We have a relaxed, informal venue of faith formation, sacraments and Bible Study. Our events include: summer mission trips, concerts, Diocese events, Youth Masses and rallies!
ROOTED AT ST. JOHN XXIII
A social group for ages 18-39. Married, single, women, men, parishioners, non-parishioners… anyone seeking to journey toward, and with God, along with others. The group meets on the first Thursday of each month from 7-9pm. Sessions vary from social get together, praise and worship, bon-fires, and social justice.
Stay connected on our Facebook Group to see what is coming up and what’s being planned. This is a time of friendship as we encounter our loving, merciful Father, in His Son Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit.